Friday, October 3, 2014

Jane the Giant.

Jane is officially HUGE to me.  I used to think she was just so little, but now when I pick her up after holding Colette I feel so awkward and like my arms are going to fall off.  I still love to snuggle with her though.  There's nothing better!

^Here she is with cousin Noah, just drinking milk and watching some smart-kid shows.

^We went to a little celebration in the middle of town one day and the SPCA was there with some cats and dogs and this dog was so sweet.  I wouldn't normally let Jane put her fingers into a dog's cage, but this dog was beyond perfect (thank goodness!)  

^We love us some Oreos after lunch!

She was attempting to walk before Colette was born, but after we came home from the hospital she really STEPPED up her game (hehe).  She walks like she's been walking for years!  I guess she figured she's the big sis and needs to show little sis just how it's done.  

^This is an older video of her walking.  She's even better at it now!

She all of a sudden is so grown up and understands so much.  I'll ask her to throw something away and she knows exactly what to do.  It's so cute.  But make sure you don't leave anything important out, you might just find it in the trash can... 

^My mom came to visit for a few days and we went to a W&L field hockey game one afternoon. Jane loved it!

^She's not the most reverent child during sacrament meeting... She walked to the row in front of us and grabbed someone's scriptures and started "reading" them.  It was hilarious.

^Walks tend to put Jane to sleep, and that obviously isn't the case for Colette.

^Andrew took this picture at the airport when we had to drop my mom off to fly home.  Such a big kid!

We have some baby dolls that she LOVES to play with and she carries them around and wraps them up in her blanket, just like we do with Colette.  She also tries to give them her pacifier and pats them on their backs like she's trying to burp them.  She'll also drop them on their heads though... so, I guess she won't be holding Colette anytime soon!  She tries to though, and it's so precious.

^We hung out at the mall in Roanoke for a little bit after a job interview Andrew had (and he got the job! *insert awkward celebratory dance moves*).  Jane was loving the play place there.

^We also went to see the puppies at the puppy store, of course.  This pup was named Frances and she loved Jane!

^Jane loved her too :)

^A LOT.

^She kept her eye  on Jane as we walked out of the store.  it made me so sad and I just wanted to bring her home with us!  Someday...

She gives kisses to Andrew, Colette, and I, but so far hasn't wanted to do it to anyone else, which is OK by me :)  Keep them lips to yourself, girlfriend!  She doesn't love to brush her teeth, but she's coming around to it more.  We brush her teeth the best we can and then give her the toothbrush and ask her to do it too.  She definitely likes to do things on her own!  She also likes to try to brush her hair.  And my hair...  Let the rat's nests commence!

^Demolishing an apple while she sits in her little corner.

^She wouldn't be Jane if she didn't give me at least one sassy look.

Now I'm off to figure out some Halloween costumes!  At least I'll try... Probably won't actually get around to it until the night before.  Oh well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment