Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summer Lovin'. Part II.

The Brandt's try to have a family reunion every year.  This was the first year Andrew and I were finally able to make it to a whole one together!  There was one around New Years the year we were engaged and I was only there for a couple days of that.  The next year the reunion was scheduled around our wedding in the spring, so we didn't make it to that one since we were honeymooning in Aruba!  And last year Jane was making her debut right in the middle of the family reunion.  So this year there was nothing crazy going on to stop us from going!

We spent the week at a resort called Massanutten near Fredericksburg, VA.  There were tons of activities to do, so we were always busy doing something fun!

^We went to the tennis courts that were nearby our apartments and had fun playing.  Well, trying to play anyway... Tennis is hard!  Andrew knows how to play, but I am useless with a tennis racket.  And Jane just liked to be outside :)

^Look at that face.  Mean muggin'.

^Jane had her first swimming experience while at the reunion!  There were at least 4 different pools we could choose to go to whenever we wanted.  It was nice to actually get in a pool for the first time in a VERY long time.  I'm not much of a water person, but it was really nice to get in and cool down.  It helps when there's a little squish that loves the water and wants to be in it :)  It was also nice to get some sun on my legs...  I actually got tan lines on my legs and I was so excited, but then I realized that the part that was "tan" was still not really tan, just darker than the other ghostly white parts of my body.

^There was a little petting farm that had some neat animals you could pet and feed.  The farm was near the stables where they kept all the trail horses, so that's mostly why I made Andrew take us there :)

^Samson the Desert Tortoise was a big hit with these kids.  He was pretty cool lookin'.

^And this is probably one of the scariest things I've ever seen.

^The alpacas were super soft and much more polite than the goats that you can feed there...



^Rude.

^Seriously rude.  And gross.  But a lot of fun :)

^Clyde the Camel!

^Here we are spending some more time at the pool.

^That's obviously not me sitting next to Jane and Andrew, all gorgeous and tan.  I stayed behind the camera so as to spare your eyes from the glow of my white skin and giant belly.  You're welcome.  Harmony is much nicer to look at :)

^Jane seriously loved seeing the horses.  She loved to pet them and would try to pull herself over the fence to get closer to them.  It made me really happy :)

^Though her idea of petting them ended up being just grabbing their ears.

^Since I'm pregnant I wasn't able to go on a trail ride (Noooooooo!*insert at least 3 days of drowning my sorrows in Nutella and Animal Crackers*), but a bunch of the other Brandt girls got to.  Jane and I hung out at the stables for a little bit waiting for them to get back so we could try to take some pictures of them on the horses.  I wasn't very successful... but it looked like they had a lot of fun out there on the trail!  

^Cousin Elise back there on her horse.  Sorry about the big, horse butt in the way...

^Aunt Kristen and cousin Allison on their awesome horses.

^That's Andrew's hand petting that horse!


^The resort held a field day for the families staying there and it was really fun.  I can't say I participated in any of the activities... but most of them included some sort of running, and after attempting tennis earlier in the week and being sore from that, among other things (like being pregnant), I wasn't really feeling it.  But Andrew and Harmony got in on the water balloon tossing!  And they did really good too.  Even when they had to throw and catch with only one hand!  I was definitely impressed.

^We did some miniature golfing with Grandma Sue, Pop Pop, and Harmony too.


^Look at that cutie and studly husband.

^One day of the reunion was on the 4th of July, so a group of us drove to a city close by that apparently had a really good fireworks show.  It wasn't the best show I've seen, but I shouldn't really complain, since our country is lucky enough to even HAVE an Independence Day to celebrate.

^And her face was worth it anyways.


That's the end of all the pictures I have from the family reunion.  It was a ton of fun and I'm very thankful for everyone that planned it all, made meals, shopped for all the food, drove long hours, took time off from work, etc.  And we missed everyone that couldn't make it this year.  Some day I'll get to be at a Brandt Reunion where EVERYONE will be there! :)



1 comment:

  1. Two things: I suck at tennis as well, and yes that turkey is beyond scary. Those things hiss at you too. Nasty. Looks like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete